Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bacon Fat Spice Cookies

I made Bacon Fat Spice Cookies today.
Notes:
Used whole wheat flour and substituted one of the Tbls of molasses with maple syrup cuz I didn't have enough; my batter was more crumbly than gloppy. 10 mins seemed like it wouldn't be enough in the oven but 15 seemed too much; not a super soft cookie but still yummy! I think I could've skipped the salt; I used grease from hickory smoked bacon.

Didn't use any ginger since I didn't have any. I was wishing I had that owl grater I saw at Nora when I went to visit a friend who worked there...and some fresh ginger.

It looked a little bit like this, except metal, and $60. This one was on etsy.com
Keep cookies soft by storing in airtight container or bag as soon as you can. I heard putting slices of apples in there too helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment